It’s hot. Just about everywhere on the map of North America, there are red zones. Bright red, even.
Californians are being asked to conserve energy, folks in Queens still don’t have their electricity back, and all over this area, there’s a drought. (In Europe, twenty-two people died in France today because of the heat.)
Here’s a list of things that the heat makes us do, unwittingly:
- Talk about the heat, the weather, and global warming, more generally.
- Expose our chest hair or cleavage.
- Wonder about our 80% bodily water content.
- Hope we don’t get stuck in an electrical outage during a subway or elevator ride.
- Job search, in air conditioning, for positions that have more than 2 weeks vacation.