I have a special folder in my email client called “Automat.” This catch-all sub-folder, within the inbox, contains the whole gamut of digests, permission-based emails, forums, and account updates I receive.
I barely read any of them.
Instead of getting all sad about it, I thought I’d post all the good things I’m missing, thus allaying my alternating fears and feats of waste and knowledge saturation. They are:
- Apple’s weekly in-store and online promotions
- TidBITS’ newsletter
- WebDesign-L’s daily email digest
- Evolt.org’s and css-discuss.org’s digest
- Webproducers’ email posts
- iPrint.com’s weekly sales promotion blowout
- Typephile.com’s Forums emails
- Email promotions for both PhotoWorks and Ofoto
- Other promotions from ITCFonts.com, Dotster, Adobe, AMEX, L.L. Bean, iPrint, and my favorite, PayPal